As every year, Barcelona hosts this week (from 24 to 27 February) a new edition of the Mobile World Congress, the world’s greatest mobile event. This year, the lemma of the congress is: “Creating what's next”. The organizer of the event, The Global Association of Mobile Operators (GSMA), has referred to this edition as the blueprint for the NEXT big innovation: “Whatever is coming NEXT will likely be born at Mobile World Congress 2014 – either announced on stage during our Conference programme, showcased in our award-winning Exhibition, or conceived during one of the thousands of meetings taking place during the week”.
As previous years, Telefónica is taking part of this event with several speakers at the Conference. They are transmitting relevant messages regarding Telefónica’s new products and services, and about Telefónica’s positioning as a Digital Telco in the Telecom and Digital world. In particular, Telefónica takes this event as a great opportunity to transmit 2 communication goals:
1. Projecting the new vision: Telefónica, as a Digital Telco, with the customers at the centre of all its decisions.
2. Showing the transformation of Telefónica as a company that is one step ahead in the digitalization process.
Telefónica also has a 365m2 booth at the Exhibition – located in Hall 3 stand 3J20 at the major device manufacturers’ pavilion – focused on showing the audience through multiple screens forming two vidiwalls the services and solutions that are already in the market. The stand also shows upcoming releases that have been developed for both the professional and the residential segment.
Our stand is designed to show what the digital revolution in which we are immersed is like and how technology, using the strength of connectivity, provides solutions that are improving the lives of people in all aspects of their day-to-day routine.
The customer, as the end user of all our products, is the focus of this demonstration site, which aims to become a showcase for the trends and possibilities that ICTs can offer us. The demonstrations are arranged in different exhibition spaces depending on the environment to which the technology needs to adapt.
The stand shows 14 permanent demos in 7 thematic areas, which are the following:
Wearables and connected cars are the latest trends, as it has been recently shown at CES in Las Vegas. Therefore, we are showing them with the expectancy of attracting attention to our stand. In addition to these trends, Telefónica 's booth includes some of our more advanced services:
- Connected Car: we have teamed up with Tesla to demonstrate at MWC the benefits of connected car technology to drivers and passengers. A Tesla Model- S is being shown at the stand.
- Different devices are available at the stand: bracelets, watches, glasses, etc. from Sony, LG and Samsung. Some of them are integrated with the TuGo service of Telefónica.
- There is also an exhibition of communication services between motorbikes through helmets and gloves, with different applications designed to enjoy the experience of traveling more.
- Network Virtualization and equipment at customer premises. Telefónica is showing its leadership in virtualization, communicating the great benefits it has for the customer: reduced need for equipment at home, automatic updates without risk of obsolescence, less time for the development and launch of services, greater reliability and network performance, etc. We are showing Unica and Virtual CPE services.
- Entertainment and Solutions at Home: Play, the Telefonica’ s Video on Demand service; Movistar Go, access to Movistar TV from everywhere; and Multidevice TV @Home or how to enjoy the TV experience at home from any device with the best quality.
- Solutions or "peace of mind" as Latch, to strengthen security in the digital world.
- Business solutions such as Telefónica Blue (audio, messaging and secure / high definition videoconference) and Smart Metering. The Smart Meter Implementation Programme is a major national infrastructure project that will involve the roll out of 53m gas and electricity meters across the UK by 2020, helping consumers to better understand and control their energy usage.
- An update of Telefonica's bid to balance the "mobile ecosystem" and make it more available to people with less access to technology through the Firefox project.
Last but not least, Wayra also has a relevant presence at the stand through audiovisual materials.
For more information, you can check our web page on the Mobile World Congress 2014.
Do not miss the MWC 2014 and come to visit our booth!