- The event, held in partnership with Gipuzkoa Provincial Council, will take place during the morning of Monday 20 November at the Basque Culinary Center, with the participation of a dozen experts from the information technology and hospitality sectors.
- The congress will reflect the revolution brought about by the latest technological trends in the user experience in restaurants and what the future holds in the area.
- Together with Ferran Adrià, an ambassador for Telefónica, it will be attended by Diego Coquillat, creator of the #ClubDiegoCoquillat, who will explain what hospitality 4.0 is, Mara Balestrini, researcher and technological strategist, who will describe users 4.0, their behaviour and trends, and Andrés Saborido, director of Wayra and Telefónica Open Future_ Spain, who will focus on Telefónica’s innovation ecosystem.
- The schedule will be complemented by round tables in which professionals will discuss topics such as the new food&tech startups and virtual reputation.
How is the digital age revolutionizing the user experience in restaurants? How will this experience evolve as a result of the new technologies? What future awaits restaurants in the digital age? These will be some of the questions to be put on the table at the congress on hospitality and new technologies, organized by the Basque Culinary Center and Telefónica with the presence of Ferran Adrià.
It is a fact that the latest technological trends are revolutionizing the experiences of users in the gastronomic sector, turning them into users 4.0. Under the title “The Restaurant in the Digital Age”, the Basque Culinary Center (BCC) and Telefónica, in partnership with Gipuzkoa Provincial Council, have organized a congress on Monday 20 November at the BCC in Donostia-San Sebastián. The digitization of gastronomy is one of the strategic areas defined by Gipuzkoa Provincial Council and Telefónica in their joint Gipuzkoa Open Future_ project, which seeks to promote talent and entrepreneurship in the “sectors of the future”.
The congress will bring together experts in communication technologies and the hospitality sector, two fields which are building ever closer ties, in order to discuss the future of the restaurant in the digital age. In short, they will analyse how the user experience has evolved and will evolve as a result of the new technologies and identify which businesses are prepared to meet the needs for the coming 5 or 10 years.
The speakers at the congress will include Ferran Adrià, an ambassador for Telefónica, one of the most innovative chefs in history and among the 100 most influential people in the world, according to the TIME magazine, who will share his vision of the user experience in the digital age. Adrià will speak on “the user experience in the digital age”.
Diego Coquillat, digital advisor of companies and hospitality groups, creator of the term “Social Media Restauranting” and the #ClubDiegoCoquillat, the largest international club in the world for innovation in restaurants, will also take part, explaining what hospitality 4.0 is. In addition, Mara Balestrini, researcher, technological strategist and CEO of Ideas for Change, a consultancy firm for innovation in cities, companies and institutions, will describe users 4.0 and discuss their behaviour and trends. “Telefónica’s innovation ecosystem” will form the pillar of the speech given by Andrés Saborido, director of Wayra and Telefónica Open Future_ Spain.
The schedule will be complemented by round tables in which professionals representing technological companies developing digital tools for management, promotion and logistics will discuss issues such as the new food&tech startups and virtual reputation.
The complete schedule and information on the speakers is attached in the attached link:
9:00 am to 9:15 am. Welcome / Joxe Mari Aizega (Basque Culinary Center) and Ainhoa Aizpuru (Gipuzkoa Provincial Council)
09:15 to 09:40. The user experience in the digital age / Ferran Adrià (elBulli Foundation)
09:45 to 10:10. What is hospitality 4.0? / Diego Coquillat (diegocoquillat.com)
10:15 to 10:40. Round table: Technologies in the restaurant
Chaired by Marta Fernandez Guadaño (Gastroeconomy)
– Angel Madrona Rubio (ICG Software)
– Josean Alija (Restaurante Nerua)
– Juan Ignacio Díaz Bidart (marcasderestauracion.es)
10:45 to 11:10. Which way for bookings? / Alejandro Lorenzo (elTenedor)
11:40 to 12:25. Round table: Promotion, positioning and virtual reputation, friends or enemies?
Chaired by Eva Ballarín (HIP – Hospitality 4.0)
– Alejandro Lorenzo (elTenedor)
– Borja Beneyto (Brandelicious)
– Amaia López de Heredia (BCC)
12:30 to 12:55. The user 4.0: Behaviour and trends / Mara Balestrini (Ideas For Change & FABLab Network)
13:00 to 13:45. Food&tech startups and new formats in the sector
Chaired by Beatriz Romanos (TechFood Mag)
– Ivan Cayuela: CEO of Fotawa (Delivery)
– Marc Guerrero: Founder of Delectatech (Big Data)
– Alejandro Fresneda: CEO of Mr Noow (Payment)
– Daniel Pina: CEO of Philomarket (Supplies)
– Richard Calvo: CEO of Yababook (Bookings)
1:50 pm to 2.05 pm. Telefónica’s innovation ecosystem / Andrés Saborido (Telefónica Open Future – Wayra)
14:10 Closure / Javier Zorrilla (Telefónica)