What can you do?
Humanity will need 1.7 planets to satisfy its current demand of natural resources, which is why it is imperative that we change our way of life. If we all make an effort, more sustainable development is possible. Here are some tips to help you contribute with your habits.At Telefónica we see electronic invoicing as a good way to combine our commitment to clarity of information with the environment. At the present time, you can use it in all the countries we operate in.
Save paper by using electronic invoicing
Save energy with your devices and reduce emissions
- When purchasing a device, compare the energy consumption of the device/battery life to choose the most efficient one.
- Use the energy saving modes on your device when you do not need full performance.
- Unplug the power charger when not in use.
- Take full advantage of your device to make arrangements and shop online, thus avoiding unnecessary travel, to look after your health, use the best routes,...
- Use applications that allow you to calculate the emissions you generate in your daily life and try to optimize activities that are critical.
Take advantage of the circular economy and recycle
- To choose your device, check to see if its design follows environmental criteria, if it is made of materials that are easily replaceable and recyclable, and if it is packaged responsibly.
- Extend the life of your devices: protect them with covers or cases, do not expose them to extreme temperatures, update the software and install an anti-malware app.
- Reusing devices can be an interesting option both when buying and selling them or when giving them away.
- Electronic waste is dangerous: take obsolete equipment to your telecommunications provider's nearest store, or to the authorized points in your town or city.
- Use water-saving devices on taps and in the shower, and opt for a thermostatic taps.
- Use the dishwasher instead of washing up by hand and turn off the tap while you wash your hands or brush your teeth.
- Use the Eco modes on your household appliances.
- Install an irrigation system in your garden and reuse rainwater.
- Use the dual flush buttons on toilet cisterns properly.
- Use any water left in your glass after drinking for watering the plants.