Telefónica today announced its presence at the next edition of 4YFN, the event dedicated to entrepreneurship that will take place in Barcelona between 27th February and 2nd March in the context of the Mobile World Congress. From the Wayra booth, all Wayra, Open Future and Telefónica Ventures initiatives reaffirm their commitment to entrepreneurship and their proposal to drive innovation by applying the most disruptive technology.
As a central part of its participation in 4YFN, Wayra will focus on Frontier Tech, the vertical that brings together the cutting-edge technologies that are reshaping and reinventing the boundaries of most sectors as we know them. Frontier Tech is the 4YFN vertical that explores the possibilities of the Metaverse and the interrelationship between emerging technologies and real-world use cases. It also looks at futuristic use cases to try to anticipate how different industries and markets will be transformed.
The Telefónica Open Innovation stand has a surface area of 44 m² and will house the proposals of the company’s three open innovation vehicles. It will also be attended by Telefónica representatives, who will exchange the company’s vision on innovation and entrepreneurship with investors, startups, journalists and experts in general, both at the stand itself and in the alternative spaces offered by 4YFN.
4YFN Speakers Calendar
Chema Alonso, Chief Digital Officer of Telefónica, will be in charge of the keynote speech of the week. It will take place on Tuesday 28th on the Sabadell Stage at 4YFN. Under the title ‘Net for Dev’, he will analyse how telecoms are redefining their role in the Internet ecosystem, transforming their networks and services into software platforms for developers and innovators to extract the full potential of next-generation connectivity. Irene Gómez, director of Open Innovation, will speak on ‘Is metaverse still investible?’ on Wednesday 1st in the Frontier Tech vertical (Sky Room).
In addition, the same stage will host the panel ‘Bringing web3 down to earth’ on Wednesday 1st at 13:45h, with the presence of Wayra as a key player in the emerging world of the metaverse and pioneering startups in web3.
Telefónica will also appear at the 4YFN Pitching Stage on Monday 27th with speeches by Wayra Barcelona (Top startups – Boosting industries with AI) and Wayra Madrid (Disruptive business models in Fintech and Insurtech). Also, the 4YFN Ágora stage will host two success stories: ‘Awesome at Desigual’ (Monday 27th, 15:45h) and ‘The role of telcos in Open Innovation: the Success case of Alaian’ (Tuesday 28th, 15:45h).
In addition, open innovation will transcend 4YFN and will also have a presence at the Telefónica stand at the Mobile World Congress. The Ágora will host a presentation of Wayra together with Ezzing Solar and Solar360 under the title: ‘Putting Open innovation to work’ (Wednesday 1st, 11h) and ‘Telefonica and Unmanned Life: partnering for autonomous solutions in the Security industry’ (Thursday 2nd, 10h).
30 startups present at 4YFN
The 4YFN stand will be attended by 27 startups invested by the company and which form part of the portfolio of the different open innovation vehicles: Telefónica Open Future, Telefónica Ventures and the Wayra hubs in Hispam, Brazil, Madrid, Barcelona, Germany and the United Kingdom; and 3 from our partners.
Also, Unmanned Life and Payflow, startups from the Wayra UK and Wayra Spain portfolio, respectively, are two of the five finalists of the 4YFN Awards 2023, the global competition aimed at finding the world’s best digital startups, and the largest official recognition offered exclusively to startups during MWC. In addition, BoxyHQ, from Wayra Spain, made it to the top 50.
All the startups accompanying Wayra at 4YFN will showcase their solutions and proposals to the visiting public according to the following schedule:
Monday, 27th February
- Champion Games: Barcelona-based startup, a benchmark in the video game sector with an innovative proposal called MetaSoccer. https://metasoccer.com/
- Durcal: a telecare watch that saves lives. A GPS watch with fall detector and 24-hour help button. https://www.durcal.com/es/
- Devengo: an instant payment API that enables seamless integration to automate payments to its customers in Europe and the UK. https://devengo.com
- Haddock: the only software in Europe that helps restaurateurs improve cost control. https://www.haddock.app/
- Monkey: financial solutions for the anticipation of collections for companies.
They democratise the credit market in the world with the best conditions for the anticipation of invoice and credit card collections. https://www.monkey.tech/
- Open Top: open innovation programme of the Port of Valencia developed in collaboration with the Valencia Port Foundation and Telefónica Open Innovation. Its mission is to identify disruptive startups for the maritime and logistics industry that enrich the business of the port sector and buy different types of activities, Hackathons, incubation and acceleration programmes with a focus on business generation.
- Hiya: Hiya’s voice performance platform flags spammers, blocks scammers and allows businesses to connect with their customers by enriching calls with caller ID, logo and reason for the call. It was founded in the United States. https://www.hiya.com/
- Borneo: help and support in preventing data leaks, privacy breaches and fines related to security breaches, through a platform that addresses the complex global security and privacy requirements for new data-first business models. https://www.borneo.io/company/
- VU SECURITY: prevents phishing attacks, pharming and digital identity theft with multi-factor authentication, biometrics and credential management for internal and external users. https://www.vusecurity.com/es/
- Hybrico: a clean technology company that designs, manufactures, installs and operates hybrid power and smart energy storage solutions for OffGrid and Bad-Grid telecommunication sites. https://hybricoenergy.com/
Tuesday, 28 February
- Desigual: Awesome Lab is Desigual’s open innovation hub. They promote startups capable of solving the main challenges of the fashion industry. A commitment, in collaboration with Wayra, to promote technology startups in seed and growth phase interested in developing pilots with the business areas and generating new growth opportunities.
- AWORLD: a platform that empowers people to respond to climate change by measuring our footprint, learning about sustainability and how to reduce our emissions, and acting on the most effective actions an individual can take to fight climate change. https://aworld.org/
- HiperPBX: they carry out a situational analysis of their clients’ infrastructure, optimising their existing resources to the maximum, integrating their solutions or products to improve the communication experience of companies. https://www.hiperpbx.com/
- Qoala: allows users, through a browser extension and app, to find and apply online discount coupons and get cashback at its more than 3,000 affiliated shops. https://www.joinqoala.com/
- Logistiko: platform for managing last mile logistics and distribution. This tool is designed for distribution companies, logistics operators or retailers, solving the problems of optimisation and control of distribution. https://logistiko.es/
- Whalebone: offers millions of Internet users unbreakable protection without the need to download anything. It offers a product tailored to the user (telcos, companies and public institutions, or regional internet providers). Whalebone’s mission is to bring cybersecurity to 1 billion people. https://www.whalebone.io/
- Rever: software that automates the refunding of e-commerce returns and streamlines the return process for online purchases. https://itsrever.com/es/
- GamerSafer: an app that provides world-leading identity verification technology to increase security and fair play in eSports and multiplayer games. https://gamersafer.com/
- Indya: sports nutrition app that personalises and tracks your nutrition planning. https://getindya.com/
- Natif.ai: a deep-tech start-up in the field of intelligent document process automation (IDP), offering a fast and efficient way to productively introduce artificial intelligence into the economy. https://natif.ai/
Wednesday 1st March
- HotelBeds and Wayra, have partnered to create the TravelTech Lab by Hotelbeds to redesign the future of travel. The two will work together to support startups to explore innovative technology-based solutions that change the way travellers move, connect and explore. www.traveltechlab.net
- Vozy: evolve conversations at scale with conversational AI. Automate your voice operational processes and turn your customer calls into your business’ competitive advantage. https://www.vozy.co/
- Zim Connections: an eSIM marketplace where you can search and buy affordable eSIM data plans from over 120 countries. https://www.zimconnections.com/
- Bit2Me: a company specialising in financial technology. With a deep knowledge of Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. https://bit2me.com/es/nosotros
- Unmanned Life: leading 5G, Edge and AI-enabled software platform that can deploy and manage at scale, integrated swarms of different types of robotic devices (drones, AMR, etc.) of varying capabilities, working together autonomously to deliver commercial-grade solutions for the smart city and Industry 4.0 market sectors. https://unmanned.life/
- Aura Vision: a powerful in-store analytics solution for retailers, brands and shopping centres. Its unique plug & play AI technology connects to any existing security camera in minutes. https://www.auravision.ai/
- Ezzing: a device that facilitates the sale of photovoltaic installations. It digitises the process. https://ezzing.com/
- Apollo Kids: a platform that boosts children’s talent and curiosity through digital learning | Learning that empowers. https://www.nannyfy.com/
- Idoven: aims to detect heart problems early to prevent diseases such as heart attack and sudden death. They are redefining the way cardiac arrhythmias are diagnosed. https://es.idoven.ai/
- Gamium: aims to humanise the internet, providing users with a unique and secure Digital Identity that can be used across the entire Web2 and Web3, regardless of the network, application or metaverse. https://gamium.world/#intro_metaverse