4YFN will be held from February 27 to March 2, parallel to the Mobile World Congress. It is one of the benchmark events for the international entrepreneurial ecosystem, bringing together technology startups, investors, corporations, and public institutions to generate synergies and joint business agreements.
With Wayra’s participation in 4YFN we want to find new business opportunities and attract talent to the company, as well as position ourselves as a benchmark of open innovation. We are looking for investment opportunities in technology startups, more mature and that fit with Telefónica’s strategic projects.
Wayra’s stand will have five booths where our startups will give demos of their products/services. More than 25 startups from the portfolio will participate.
Agenda at 4YFN 2023
Monday, 27 february 2023
Build the future of fashion and boost your startup with Desigual
15:45 – 16:15. Agora State
- Marta Antúnez (Directora Wayra Barcelona)
- Eva Sirera (Líder de Innovación Tecnológica, Desigual)
- James Theuerkauf (Cofundador y Director General, Syrup)
Boosting industries with AI
17:00 – 17:30. Pitching Stage
Pitching session to provide an overview of different and disruptive business models in the area of AI.
- Javier Alcalá (Wayra Barcelona)
- Arnau Navarro Rodríguez (Haddock)
- Carlos Fenollosa Bielsa (Optimus Price)
- Nicholas Zylberglajt (Unmanned Life)
- Ricardo Marín Vallejo (Vozy)
Disruptive business models in Fintech and Insurtech
17:30 – 18:00. Pitching Stage
Pitching session to give visibility to our startups related to Fintech e
- Marta Navalón (Business Development & Partnerships, Wayra)
- Fernando Cabello-Astolfi (Devengo)
- Guillem Viladomat (Durcal)
- Ruth Puente (BDEO)
- Javier Mato (Aira)
- Manuel Portillo (Investments Director, Telefónica Seguros)
Tuesday, 28 february 2023
Net for Dev
10:40 – 11:00. Sabadell Stage
Telcos are redefining the role they play in the Internet ecosystem transforming its networks and telco services into software platforms for developers and innovators to extract the full potential of the state-of-the-art connectivity. Startups have a role to play too.
- Chema Alonso (CDO Director)
The role of telcos in Open Innovation: the success case of Alaian
15:00 – 15:30 Agora Stage
Presentation of Alaian iniciative led by Telefonica with the collaboration of Bouygues, Cellnex, KPN, MTN, NOS, Wind Tre. A unique alliance with the mission of reinventing the industry by discovering the most disruptive startups.
- Irene Gómez (Open Innovation Director, Telefónica)
- Jose Antonio Aranda (Director de Proyectos de Innovación Global, Cellnex Telecom)
- Jacob Groote, (Vicepresidente Ejecutivo de 5G y Copresidente del Foro de Industrias Digitales de la GSMA)
Do’s and Don’ts for Scaleup Leaders
15:30 – 16:00 Agora Stage
- Paloma Castellano (Director of Wayra Madrid)
- Antonio Iglesias (CEO of Endeavor Spain)
- Juan Moreno (Director of the Bankinter Innovation Foundation)
- Rika Chrisanto (Idoven)
- Rui Stoffel (BusUp)
Wednesday, 1 march 2023
Putting Open Innovation to work: the case of Solar360
10:00 – 10:30 Stand Telefónica MWC
Solar 360 no es sólo una Joint Venture entre dos grandes corporaciones, es un caso de éxito de Innovación Abierta entre 2 corporaciones de diferentes sectores (Telefónica y Repsol) entrando en un nuevo mercado para ambas (Energía Solar), aprovechando las capacidades de las startups para impulsar el time-to-market. Panel entre el CEO de Solar 360 y el CEO de Ezzing Solar para compartir el potencial de la colaboración y los aprendizajes.
- Gonzalo Pérez (Head of Business Development, Wayra Madrid)
- Alberto Cortés (CEO & Cofounder of Ezzing Solar)
- Guillermo Barth (CEO Solar 360)
Is Metaverse Still Investable?
12:45 – 13:15 Frontier Tech Sky Room – Discovery Area, Hall 8.1
- Irene Gómez (Open Innovation Director, Telefónica)
- Andrey Lunev, (Venture Partner XR, Startup Wise Guys)
- Tilo Bonow (CEO & Founder, PIABO)
- Beverly Rider (CEO, Tonomus Venture Studio)
Bringing web3 down to earth
13:15 – 13:40 Frontier Tech Sky Room – Discovery Area, Hall 8.1
- Carlos Ruisánchez , (Director de Scouting y Dealflow, Wayra)
- Carlos Bort, (Cofundador & CEO, Cenit Finance)
- Mar Pujadas (Directora de Estrategia y Ventas, Crossmint)
- Marc Cercós, (Cofundador & CEO, Champion Games)
- Mario Brassesco, (Director de Estrategia y Fusiones y Adquisiciones, Bit2Me)
Thursday, 1 march 2023
Telefonica and Unmanned Life: partnering for autonomous solutions in the Security industry
10:00 – 10:30 Stand Telefónica MWC
- Jorge Muñoz (Vicepresidente de Negocio y Marketing, Unmanned Life)
- Marc Ferrer (Desarrollo de Negocio, Telefónica)
- Miguel Borja Cano (Director de Innovación, Telefónica Ingeniería Seguridad)
Startups and partners that will be at the stand
- Champion Games (Wayra BCN): Startup creator of Metasoccer, the first metaverse in the world of soccer where you can manage your own club and generate income while you play.
- Durcal (Telefónica Ventures): Telecare startup for the elderly. It has developed a GPS watch with fall detector and 24-hour help button.
- Devengo (Wayra Spain): Instant Payments API enables seamless integration to automate payouts to your customers in Europe and the UK.
- Haddock (Wayra BCN): Intelligent Cost Control Software, to increase the margin of the business, controlling costs in real time. Digitalization of invoices and delivery notes, real-time view of price variations, integration of your own POS and dynamic scandals of your own menu.
- Monkey (Wayra Brazil): Financial solutions for the anticipation of collections for companies. They democratize the credit market in the world with the best conditions for the anticipation of invoice and credit card collections.
- VU Security (Wayra Hispam): Prevents phishing attacks, pharming and digital identity theft with multi-factor authentication, biometrics, and credential management for internal and external users.
- Open Top (Open Future partner): The Port Authority of Valencia (APV), under the trade name of Valenciaport, is the public body responsible for the management of three state-owned ports located along 80 kilometers on the eastern edge of the Spanish Mediterranean: Valencia, Sagunto and Gandía.
- Hybrico (Wayra Hispam): It offers comprehensive software-based power and backup-as-a-service solutions, allowing our customers to focus their capital investments on basic upgrades, reducing their operating expenses and increasing uptime by entrusting their power needs to us, the experts.
- Hiya (Wayra UK): Hiya’s Voice Performance Platform flags spammers, blocks fraudsters, and enables businesses to connect with their customers by enriching calls with ID, logo and call reason. It was founded in the US.
- Borneo (Wayra Madrid): A real-time data privacy, governance, and security control platform to prevent misuse of sensitive data, stop data leakage and drive privacy compliance.
- Aworld: A platform that empowers people to react to climate change by measuring our footprint, learning about sustainability and how to reduce our emissions, and acting on the most effective actions an individual can take to fight climate change.
- Logístiko (Open Future): Platform for managing last mile logistics and distribution. This tool is aimed at distribution companies, logistics operators or retailers, solving the problems of optimization and control of distribution.
- HiperPBX (Wayra Hispam): They carry out a situational analysis of their client’s infrastructure, optimizing the resources they already have, integrating their solutions or products to improve the communication experience of the companies.
- Qoala (Wayra Barcelona): Platform to find discount coupons and cashback for the user in more than 3000 shops.
- Desigual Awesome Lab (Wayra Barcelona partner): Awesome Lab is Desigual’s open innovation hub. We promote startups capable of solving the main challenges of the fashion industry. A commitment, in collaboration with Wayra, to promote technological startups in seed and growth phase interested in developing pilots with our business areas and generating new growth opportunities.
- Whalebone (Wayra Germany): Whalebone offers millions of Internet users unbreakable protection without the need to download anything. It offers a product tailored to the user (Telcos, companies and public institutions, or regional internet providers). Whalebone’s mission is to bring cybersecurity to one billion people.
- Rever (Wayra Barcelona): A tool to make returns of purchases adapted to your customer’s own brand in just 2 clicks.
- Natif.ai (Wayra Germany): Natif.ai is a deep-tech start-up in the field of intelligent document process automation (IDP). Thanks to high-performance AI models and a self-developed Deep-OCR, a wide variety of documents can be analyzed extremely quickly, and accurate and relevant data can be extracted. Natif.ai offers a fast and efficient way to productively introduce artificial intelligence into the economy.
- Indya (Wayra Spain): Sports nutrition app that personalizes and tracks your nutritional planning.
- GamerSafer (Wayra Brazil): App that provides world-leading identity verification technology to increase security and fair play in e-sports and multiplayer games.
- Vozy (Wayra Hispam): Evolve conversations at scale with conversational AI. Automate your operational voice processes and turn your customer calls into your business competitive advantage.
- Zim Connections (Open Future): ZIM is an eSIM marketplace where you can search and buy affordable eSIM data plans from over 120 countries.
- Bit2Me (Telefónica Ventures): Bit2Me is a company specialized in financial technology. It allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with maximum security and in the easiest way.
- Unmanned Life (Wayra Barcelona): Unmanned Life is the leading software platform for the seamless orchestration of autonomous robotics.
- Hotel Beds (Wayra Madrid partner): The world’s leading Bedbank, redefining accommodation, transfers, activities, and car rental products with a global network of travel distributors.
- AuraVision (Wayra UK): Aura Vision is a powerful in-store analytics solution for retailers, brands, and malls. Its unique plug & play AI technology connects to any existing security camera in minutes.
- Apolo Kids: Platform that boosts children’s talent and curiosity through digital learning.
- IDoven (Wayra Madrid): Idoven has developed the first artificial intelligence-powered cardiology platform that enhances a physician’s ability to identify, classify and diagnose patients on a large scale. Its powerful AI-enabled software leverages electrocardiogram (ECG) data, of any duration and from any device, to improve the accuracy and consistency of ECG interpretation.
- Ezzing Solar (Wayra Spain): Device that facilitates the sale of photovoltaic installations.
- Gamium (Wayra Spain): Gamium provides users with a unique and secure Digital Identity that can be used across the entire Web2 and Web3, regardless of the network, application or metaverse, with the goal of humanizing the Internet.