WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EMPLOYEES, STARTUPS, UNIVERSITIES, AND SUPPLIERS WITH IDEAS TO IMPROVE THE WORLD
Together we can make the world a more sustainable place. For this reason, this year we are opening the V Sustainable Innovation Initiative to Telefónica Universities network. Thus, together we can contribute towards meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) established by the United Nations.
We are looking for proposals with a social or environmental impact, related to Telefónica’s and your business, which in addition are able to generate economic value: products and services, internal transformation projects, or cultural transformation ideas. We are looking for disruptive, innovative, and affordable solutions that address real problems with a potential market.
Promote business while simultaneously helping to create a better world
Awards for the winning proposals:
- Up to 3 winning proposals will be selected.
- Each winning proposal can obtain ﬁnancing up to 30,000 euros, which will be received and managed by the area responsible for its development.
- Mentoring and support by experts from different areas.
- A special prize for employees consisting of a course at Universitas Telefónica
- Dissemination and visibility of the selected proposals will be given
- And the most important award: helping the planet and society with your ideas!
A jury - made up of Telefónica directors and external members of international organisations and the world of entrepreneurship - will select the proposals that will be developed during 2020.
If as an employee you want to contribute towards improving society and protecting the world, do it with us! You can make your proposals come true.
If you are an entrepreneur and you want to work with Telefónica, this is your opportunity! You can develop your project in collaboration with one of our departments.
If you already work with Telefónica and you have a project in which you would like to have our collaboration, we are waiting for you! You will develop this idea, together with a Telefónica department.
If you want to change the world from your University and you belong to a research group, join us in the initiative and you’ll be able to work alongside Telefónica's best professionals.
What are we looking for?
Approved by the United Nations in 2015, the SDGs set 17 global goals for eradicating poverty, protecting the planet, and ensuring peace and prosperity by 2030. A major challenge for governments, companies, civil society, and individuals.
The Sustainable Innovation Initiative is looking for proposals which impact in these goals:
New products and services or new functionalities of existing solutions that have a positive social / environmental impact.More info
Projects to improve the internal efficiency of processes and the use of resources (recycling, raw materials, energy...)
Ideas that promote sustainability in our company, for example: diversity, inclusion, human rights, ethics...More info
We need new products and services, as well as functionalities to improve existing ones, and to help us increase their impact on society and individuals. Thus, we are looking for:
- A more accessible and human technology, especially for vulnerable groups (children, the elderly, individuals with disabilities, etc.)
- Guaranteeing an affordable offer for our customers, thus reducing the digital gap.
- Bringing services to rural areas to guarantee a better experience and promote the economic growth in the area.
- Ensuring the traceability and quality of agri-food productions.
- Offering new Smart Cities solutions in order to improve life in cities and communities.
- New e-Health solutions.
- Guaranteeing physical and digital security by ensuring our integrity against situations of aggression or attacks while using the Internet.
- Improving crisis or emergency management for better prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- New usage cases in which artificial intelligence, through AURA, can impact on society.
If you have proposals related to internal efficiency, cost savings, or improvements in operations and infrastructures, or in the professional activities and development of Telefónica’s employees, this is the section for you. Thus, we are looking for:
- Systems that help to optimize the resources used in Telefónica's activities and offices (raw materials, recycled or biodegradable materials, equipment, energy savings, etc.).
- Projects aimed at improving or accelerating the digitalization of the Company's internal processes: networks, offices, administration…
- Environmental proposals focused on solving environmental challenges such as climate change, water scarcity, or air pollution.
We want Telefónica to be a reference on its sustainability positioning, therefore, we are looking for internal transformation ideas that you believe can have an impact on sustainability and our daily lives as Telefónica employees. Thus, we are looking for:
- Promoting diversity and inclusion in the work environment.
- Marketing or commercial initiatives that show the social and environmental value of our products and services.
- Reducing the generation of waste and optimize its management.
- Contributing to the well-being of employees at work, offices, and other colleagues.
- Emphasizing our purpose as a company: “Making our world more human, connecting the lives of people”
“Do you believe something can be improved? Let's do it. We're going to hack our future. Or are you one of those who have ideas but don't execute them?"
CDO of Telefónica
“With this initiative we can draw value to the immense potential of data and Artificial Intelligence while improving our environment and people's lives. Together we can build an unique innovation. Don't miss the opportunity and submit your project.”
LUCA's CEO (Big Data Unit of Telefónica)
“Do you want to build a fairer and more sustainable world? Last year, the startup BovControl from Wayra Brazil developed a pilot with Telefónica and explored new business opportunities. This year your company might succeed!”
Telefónica Global Entrepreneurship Director
Do you want to get to know some of the projects presented?
Check here the winners of other years
Producing Right! (Big Data For Social Good - LUCA team and Wayra Brazil BovControl startup)
The aim of this project is to assist rural producers in managing their production taking into account the social and environmental aspects of their properties. In this way, producers are able to gradually and continuously improve their productive practices, creating new business opportunities.
Electricity and connectivity for all (Internet for All Team and Acciona.org Foundation)
Creation of a joint electricity and connectivity in the homes model in the remote areas of Latin America, starting on the shores of the Napo River in Peru. Exploration of a sustainable model of microelectricity generation in homes in isolated areas through this pilot.
Vivo Financial Assistant. A solution to reduce the economic gap. (Innovation and Strategy Team of VIVO Brazil)
The project focuses on financial education and access to products that help people become more aware of their consumption and credit. The aim is to educate the client in the field of personal finance so that they can improve their economy.
Fire Prevention Drones. Early warning of forest fires. (Global Innovation IoT Team and Carlos III University of Madrid)
The initiative is based on the early detection of forest fires by means of a drone that tracks the affected area and returns the information to the control teams.