- The pioneering agreement announced a few days ago between Movistar and Teladoc Health is now a reality
- Movistar also offers the Personal Plan (one person) for 6.95 euros/month
- The service includes 24/7 online care with primary care doctors with the possibility of making a video call, digital pre-evaluation of symptoms and the ‘Get in Shape’ plan with nutritional and sports advice
- It is available for Movistar customers as well as for customers of other carriers, it can be contracted through all Movistar channels (shops, 1004 and movistar.es/movistarsalud) and it is accessible via app and web
- The service is launched with free sign-up and a 50% promotion during the first three months
- Movistar Health is also available for companies, with plans tailored to their size and needs
Madrid, 21 October 2020.- Movistar in conjunction with Teladoc Health a world leader in telemedicine, offers from today Movistar Health, a pioneering telemedicine service aimed at individuals that will allow users, among other services, to be connected to a primary care doctor anywhere, any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 10.95 euros/month in the Family option (2 adults+dependent minors) and 6.95 euros/month in the Personal option (1 person), and a registration fee of 10 euros.
Until 30 November, the service comes with a launch discount with a payment of only 5.50 and 3.50 euros per month respectively, and a bonus (free) registration fee for customers who stay on the service for at least the first three months.
Both the Family and Individual plans offer various health-related services quickly, conveniently and securely, which will be provided by Teladoc Health. Specifically:
- 24/7 Primary Care medical consultation, 100% remote, which allows you to make a video consultation or call with a family doctor comfortably, from anywhere. It includes the possibility of, at the doctor’s discretion, prescribing medical analyses or tests and issuing private e-prescriptions, among other options
- Digital pre-evaluation of symptom, a service provided with Artificial Intelligence to obtain guidance on symptoms and a recommendation on the level of medical interaction required. It covers more than 660 pathologies.
- The ‘Get Fit’ Plan, an online personalized diet and exercise plan designed by doctors and nutritionists with weekly emails of diets, exercise guidelines and support materials.
In addition to the Family and Personal options, Movistar Health also offers possibilities for companies, adapted to their needs according to their size and requirements with a personalized and always competitive price plan.
As Óscar Candiles, Telefónica Spain’s Strategy Director, pointed out, “With Movistar Salud we are taking a new step in our growth strategy by becoming a more important part of Spanish households, this time offering a health service from a world leader in telemedicine, Teladoc Health. The service we are launching today will bring the benefits of digitalization to the health sector, always advantageous but more so in these times when Covid-19 entails social distancing, limitation to people’s mobility and saturation of medical centres. In fact, the Movistar Health service available 24/7 online could reduce travel to medical centres by around 70%”.
The service, both for Movistar customers and for customers of other carriers, can be contracted on all Movistar channels (1004, Movistar Health and in-person shops) and is available both via the Android and iOS apps and the web.
Soon, Movistar customers will be able to learn about and contract health programmes through the “Apps” section of Movistar+.
 Teladoc Health International, S.A. is an authorized health centre (registration number [E08680878 ])