Our Business Principles govern everything we do and say, they are our code of ethics. They serve as a compass for us to behave and make decisions based on integrity, commitment and transparency.
Why have principles
- They guide us when we act individually and in teams, both inside and outside the company.
- They define how we should behave towards customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and society in general.
- They reflect particular, non-negotiable standards. For Telefónica, integrity means a commitment to zero tolerance for fraud and corruption.
- They allow us to move forward with a long-term vision, helping us be a company committed to the development of society and the care of the planet.
“Telefónica’s commitment to ethics and integrity is key in our transformation process”
How do we implement them?
In order to ensure that our Responsible Business Principles are the common thread running through everything we do:
- We train our professionals with a compulsory online course, which we complement with face-to-face activities to deepen some principles, insisting on the importance of putting them into practice.
- We set strategic objectives in our Responsible Business Plan, approved by the Board of Directors.
- We develop and approve corporate policies on relevant sustainability-related matters.
93% of our staff have already passed the Responsible Business Principles course and the objective is to reach 100% of our staff
How do we ensure compliance?
Any customer, employee, supplier, shareholder or interested person has an anonymous and secure communication channel at their disposal on our website, which allows them to communicate doubts, make queries or requests, or file a claim in relation to our Principles.
The company will diligently and respectfully follow up with any received communication, and is committed to responding and acting, when necessary, within a reasonable period of time.
Global policies and regulations with which all employees must comply:
We are committed to ensuring people’s dignity.
Artificial Intelligence Principles
We were one of the first companies in the world to have ethical AI guidelines in 2018.
We insist on zero tolerance for fraud and corruption.
We have guidelines in place to protect personal data.
We are guided by legality, efficiency, co-responsibility, cooperation and coordination.
Occupational Health, Safety and Well-being
We take care of working conditions and promote a healthy culture.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to ensuring equality.
We follow environmental management principles in the field of energy.
We have communication and content generation guidelines.