Telefonica, a reference in Europe in security solutions according to Forrester
Recent reports from the telecommunications sector warn that between 80% and 96% of companies worldwide could have been victim of a cyber attack while only 17% of these companies are prepared to deal with an incident involving maximum severity.
According to Forrester – one of the most relevant industry analysts –, Telefónica is one of the leading companies in Europe in the area of security; it is in Spain where it achieves the highest level of maturity and expertise with a clear and innovative value offering. This is highlighted in Forrester’s report entitled, Market Overview: Managed Security Services, Europe, Q2 2014, conducted amongst a total of 21 companies and which seeks to provide a comprehensive overview of reliable providers of security solutions.
Telefónica has been highlighted in this study due to its distinguishing features such as:
• Our SOCs (Security Operation Center), which is also ISO 27001 certified;
• SLAs which include guaranteed response times in less than 15 minutes;
• Own product (Eleven Paths);
• Leader in services from the Internet;
• Specialization in cyber intelligence and threat detection involving both a technical as well as a business impact; and
• Customer support provided in five European languages.
The need to provide a rapid response to the growing number of security threats creates a situation whereby companies, on many occasions, must outsource security capabilities. For this reason, the demand for managed security solutions is increasing worldwide. So far, the European market has experienced slower growth, but it is the increase in vulnerabilities and their impact on business that has driven the outsourcing of security within Europe.