Telefónica launches Movistar+, a unique television offer with the best content at the best price
- MORE AND BETTER CONTENT WITH THE BEST EXPERIENCE. From 20 euros per month, including VAT, customers will have a basic package which includes more than 80 TV channels, a wide range of films, series, children's programmes and documentaries, with more than 5,000 titles, a new CANAL+ and the YOMVI service.
- A SIMPLE OFFER ADAPTED TO THE USER. In the basic offer customers can add subscriptions according to their preferences: SPORTS, FILMS and SERIES for 20, 9 and 5 euros per month, respectively. There will also be channels on demand for 5 euros a month, as well as CANAL+ Toros, for 20 euros per month.
- AVAILABLE FROM JULY 8. The new offer will be extended from 8 July to all CANAL+ and Movistar customers.
- A PERFECT COMBINATION. In MOVISTAR+ the content is grouped into new channels and the offer is sorted simply, by genres, as a result of a new dial: CANAL+ Series and the new CANAL+ Series Xtra, the latest season of Game of Thrones, True Detective, Orange is the New Black, The Missing and Borgen, all the latest films on the new CANAL+ Estrenos and all the sports, including Wimbledon, MotoGP, Motor Racing, the NBA, the Euroleague basketball, the best American leagues and all the Golf.
- THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY WITH A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE: Cloud recording, HD content, TV on demand, viewing of content from the last 7 days and multi-devices, all this with the best market connectivities on the fixed (300 Mbps) and mobile (4G) networks.
Madrid, 6 July 2015.- Telefónica today presented MOVISTAR+, the TV offer resulting from the merger of Movistar TV and CANAL+, characterized by its straightforwardness and simplicity, without commitments or long contracts, besides having the best TV content on the market at a unique price.
The new offer will be automatically extended, without any additional charge, from Wednesday 8 July, to all customers of CANAL+ and those of Movistar who have Fusión TV para Todos, and it will be gradually extended to all other customers of Movistar TV, regardless of whether they have Movistar Fusión TV or not. In total, 3.6 million customers will be able to access the new Movistar+ offer.
Movistar users who are currently signed up to the convergent Fusión offer, including TV, will also receive, with the incorporation of CANAL+, the best live sports, all the latest series, many of them exclusive, cult series, Hollywood releases, the bullfighting on CANAL+, CANAL+ itself, a range of over 5,000 programmes, unique and innovative features such as cloud recordings, the viewing of favourite content over the last 7 days and the Yomvi multi-device application, all with the strength of a Digital Telco such as Telefonica, and powerful fixed - 300 Mbps - and mobile - 4G - connectivity and more market coverage. Current customers of CANAL+ will receive new content and channels in their offer, such as Motor Racing, Moto GP and the Movistar series.
The aim of MOVISTAR+ will be to offer the best TV content in Spain and develop the market in the country, committing itself at the same time to different access platforms such as IPTV (television via Internet), satellite and Over The Top (from the cloud), allowing TV to be watched on any device.
Luis Miguel Gilpérez, Chairman of Telefonica Spain, stated “We believe that with this offer we can reach more customers, as it is designed to suit their needs, tastes and preferences. And we not only have the best content, but also the most innovative features and the most advanced services”.
The MOVISTAR+ commercial offer
The basic MOVISTAR+ package can be purchased for 20 euros per month and includes more than 80 TV channels, a range of 5,000 titles of movies, series, documentaries and children's programmes, as well as CANAL+.
Customers can add the following to this basic package:
- All the SERIES of CANAL+ Series and CANAL+ Series Xtra, with all the content of Movistar Series and CANAL+ Series (Game of Thrones, Versailles, Orange Is the New Black, Better Call Saul), for only 5 euros a month.
- All the FILMS, with CANAL+ Estrenos (Big Hero 6, The Imitation Game, How to Train Your Dragon 2) and five theme channels with the best movies and the most exclusive content, for an additional 9 euros per month.
- All the SPORTS, on the Movistar F1, Movistar MotoGP, CANAL+ Deportes, CANAL+ Deportes2 and CANAL+ Golf channels, for 20 euros a month. The upcoming events include the Wimbledon final, the German MotoGP and the Hungarian F1 Grand Prix, The US Open, etc.)
- In addition, the possibility of receiving on demand channels such as CANAL+ Toros, Caza y Pesca, Mezzo and Classica.
Furthermore, the additional options and packages called PREMIUM, PREMIUM EXTRA and PREMIUM TOTAL are created. The first of them allows customers to add to their basic package options such as SPORTS, FILMS and SERIES. PREMIUM EXTRA also includes the options of SPORTS, FILMS and SERIES, as well as demand channels like Caza y Pesca, Mezzo and Classica. And PREMIUM TOTAL includes everything in the previous two options plus Canal+ Toros. At no additional cost, the three PREMIUM packages include the “Last seven days” option: an automatic recording which makes all the content from the previous week available.
Movistar+, the best content and new channels
The best content on the market is presented on Movistar+ in a straightforward way. The content is sorted by genres on the new dial and divided into new channels. Thus, in the basic package, together with over 80 channels, a new CANAL+ arrives, a channel created to become the best way of discovering the varied Movistar+ proposals. The basic package, available to 3.6 million customers, also includes the Yomvi service for accessing content from anywhere and from any device, as well as the cloud recorder.
- By genres, CANAL+ Estrenos is created for film lovers with the latest releases, while the channel's commitment to series is reinforced with the new CANAL+ Series, which incorporates the Movistar Series titles into its listings. CANAL+ Xtra Series will show even more series, and the offer increases with a wide range of theme channels based on the cinema: CANAL+ DCine, CANAL+ Comedia, CANAL+ Acción and DCine Español, with the most exclusive Premium TV content - CANAL+ Xtra - and, of course, with the best sport - Movistar F1, Movistar MotoGP, CANAL+ Deportes, CANAL+ Deportes2 and CANAL+ Golf. CANAL+ will offer, from 8 July, a daily sports bulletin, its own programmes, such as Informe Robinson, Iñaki, Reportajes Jon Sistiaga and Ilustres Ignorantes, prestige documentaries (BBC Earth, the Blatter Report, Basic NBA+). Thus, the channel, which will also broadcast special programmes on major sporting events (Motor Racing, MotoGP, Grand Slam tennis, golf majors, summer friendlies, etc.) will become the best showcase of the MOVISTAR+ offer.
- CANAL+ Series and CANAL+ Series Xtra. All the most popular new series, with the content of Movistar Series and CANAL+ Series, are on Movistar+: Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex, True Detective, Madame Secretary, Penny Dreadful, Transparent, The Affair, Better Call Saul, Red Band Society, Ballers, The Brink, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Mozart in the Jungle, Versailles, Gotham, Orange Is the New Black, Borgen, The Missing, Braquo and Episodes are just some of the titles available.
- CANAL+ Estrenos. All the latest films, from Hollywood blockbusters to the best independent titles: Big Hero 6, The Imitation Game, How to Train Your Dragon 2, REC 4, Trash, etc., as well as theme channels such as CANAL+ DCine, CANAL+ Comedia, CANAL+ Acción, DCine Español and CANAL+ Xtra.
- 100% Deporte. The MOVISTAR+ sports channels will include events such as the Moto GP and Formula 1 Grand Prix, all the golf from around the world (including the majors), tennis grand slam tournaments such as Wimbledon and the Masters 1000, the NBA, Euroleague basketball, international rugby tournaments (including the 6 Nations), athletics (the Diamond League), the WRC, American sport (NFL, NHL and MLB) and the Asobal handball league, on the Movistar F1, Movistar MotoGP, CANAL+ Deportes, CANAL+ Deportes2 and CANAL+ Golf 2 channels.
- Yomvi is the best way of enjoying all the MOVISTAR+ content, with a range of over 5,000 titles to watch, where and when you want, with the following films and series: The Sopranos, The West Wing, True Blood, Mad Men, Sherlock, the Twilight Saga, Valkyrie, Good Night and Good Luck, Reservoir Dogs, The Mercenaries, Pocoyó, the Disney Pop Pick service and so on. In addition, depending on the package they sign up for, Movistar+ customers will incorporate into their Yomvi service new series and video films on demand, with titles such as Game of Thrones, True Detective, Orange Is the New Black, Versailles, Big Hero 6, The Imitation Game, How to Train Your Dragon 2, REC4, as well as all the titles available on Taquilla and live sporting events (Wimbledon, The Open, the German MotoGP and the Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix, etc.) with linear transmission of all the contracted channels, which include the new feature of the generalist channels.