Our customers identify Telefónica through our commercial brands, of which Movistar, O2 and Vivo are the most well-known. These brands represent our mobile, landline, Internet and television telecommunication services to 347 million customers from several countries.
- Movistar is present in Argentina , Chile , Colombia , Costa Rica , Ecuador , El Salvador , Mexico , Peru , Spain , Venezuela and Uruguay .
- O2 operates in Germany , Spain and the United Kingdom .
- Vivo is our brand in Brazil .
Telefónica is our institutional brand, representing us globally to employees, shareholders, institutions and suppliers. It also has several roles:
- Channelling our philanthropic activity through the various Fundación Telefónica programmes and other Responsible Business commitments.
- Commercially, Telefónica also responds to the needs of large corporate clients, especially those needing to coordinate services in different markets.
We also have several "specialist" brands focusing on specific businesses:
- Wayra is our worldwide start-up accelerator, which in just a few years has become one of the largest networks of innovation on a global scale.
- Telefónica has other mobile operator brands in several countries, including Tuenti (Argentina , Ecuador and Spain ), Giffgaff (UK), or Blau (Germany).
- Terra offers internet content and services in Spanish and Portuguese-speaking markets.
- There are companies that offer specialized services; such as IoT solutions of Smart Retail (On the Spot ), security (ElevenPaths ), big data (LUCA ) and cloud (Acens ).
- Finally, there are companies that offer services to Telefónica employees and society as a whole such as Fonditel and Pléyade .
Each of these brands have great value, due to the number of customers who trust them and their reputation in the marketplace. Our strategy is to try to build the bonds between each of them and Telefónica as an institutional brand in order to create a brand family.