Telefónica’s Environmental Policy: Our commitment to the planet
Discover Telefónica's pledge to environmental stewardship, focusing on sustainable practices, emissions reduction, and eco-friendly innovation.
Telefónica’s Environmental Policy is a complete framework that delineates our strategic approach towards environmental responsibility in the medium and long term.
The policy is underpinned by three converging objectives:
- The management of risk and legal compliance in environmental matters.
- The enhancement of eco-efficiency within the organisation.
- The promotion of digital solutions to assist our customers in addressing environmental challenges.
Commitments in the Environmental Policy
The policy delineates our commitments to the environment, encompassing pollution prevention, sustainable utilisation of resources, and the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems. Telefónica believes in the power of digitalisation to bring positive change and new opportunities. The Environmental Policy aims to support environmental risk management, minimise their business’s environmental impact, and leverage technology to address environmental challenges.
We commit to compliance with environmental legislation, implement eco-efficient practices, strive for continuous improvement, protect biodiversity, reduce their environmental footprint, and work towards becoming a carbon-free company. We also promote innovation, educate stakeholders, engage in responsible procurement, collaborate with others, and communicate their environmental performance transparently.
Main Action Lines
- We advance towards decarbonisation, decoupling our growth from carbon emissions.
- We set ambitious environmental goals to ensure our continuous improvement.
- We comply with legislation, other regulations and contractual obligations that go beyond compliance.
- We are innovating to offer new digital services that address some of our planet’s biggest environmental challenges.
- We drive digitalisation with other organisations to maximise our positive impact on the environment.
- We deploy and operate our network protecting the environment.
- We empower our employees and customers to make a real difference.
- Our environmental management system help us to be more efficient while managing risks and opportunities.
- We work with our partners to make a difference for our planet.
- We commit to communicate our performance with our stakeholders.
The policy, in accordance with international standard ISO 14001:2015, is applicable to all entities within the Telefónica Group, irrespective of their geographical location or business activity.
The responsibility for defining the strategy and work strands related to global environmental management lies with the Global Corporate Ethics and Sustainability Management Department of Telefónica S.A.
Telefónica believes in the power of digitalisation to offer new opportunities to people and to bring about positive change in society.
We believe this policy stands as a testament to our dedication to minimising our environmental footprint and promoting digital services that yield a positive environmental impact.
Together, we can make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future. Read the full Environmental Policy in the link below:
Contact our communication department or requests additional material.