With a fixed price of 45 euros per month, it will be available at Movistar stores, Movistar’s 1004 customer line, at www.movistar.es and the company’s commercial network
- For the first time in the Spanish market, an alarm company launches a service offer without registration or permanence fees.
- The service includes an alarm connected to an alarm reception centre, a video surveillance system and a connection to Movistar Prosegur Alarmas mobile app. In addition, it is the only company that offers Acudas, an immediate intervention service.
- Movistar Prosegur Alarmas aims to transform and lead the growth of the alarm sector in Spain.
Madrid, 4 March 2020.- Movistar Prosegur Alarmas (www.movistarproseguralarmas.es), the joint venture between Prosegur and Telefónica, presented today its first commercial offer for the alarm market in Spain. Unlike similar products, customers won’t have to pay any registration or permanence fees. The service will have a fixed price of 45 euros per month (VAT included) for residential customers.
Enrique García López, CEO of Movistar Prosegur Alarmas, explained during the launch that “we do not want to have customers trapped by permanence, but satisfied customers who value and use our service. That is why we are breaking one of the most established rules in this market and are committed to eliminating permanence for the first time”.
The company will begin its commercial activity as soon as tomorrow, March 5th, with an advanced security offer for both homes and businesses that includes alarm connected to an alarm reception centre, video surveillance system and connection to the Movistar Prosegur Alarmas’ mobile app. The application, available for Android and iOS and a key element of the service, will allow users to remotely manage the security system.
In addition, Movistar Prosegur Alarmas is the only company to offer the Acudas service that sends a security guard to the customer’s house in the event of a security incident or if the customer has simply forgotten his keys and just needs the door to be opened. This service will be provided free of charge for six months.
The new alarm service will be marketed through Movistar stores, Movistar’s 1004 customer line and at www.movistar.es, as well as through the Movistar Prosegur Alarmas commercial network.
The CEO of Movistar Prosegur Alarmas explained that the security alarm market has experienced significant growth rates in Spain in recent years. The forecast is that this trend will increase over the next few years, due to the key role that security in the home and connected business will play. “Our aim is to capture this opportunity, with a clear vocation to lead the growth of this sector and transform it. Movistar Prosegur Alarmas will extend the range of residential and business security services. Our ambition is to continuously innovate to bring the newest solutions to the market,” said Enrique Garcia.
The security offer of Movistar Prosegur Alarmas includes:
- An alarm connected to an alarm reception centre, which consists of a security switchboard with both mobile and internet connection, control keyboard, siren, deterrent plates, two movement detectors with a camera, a motion detector and five access keys.
- For residential customers, the service comes with a video camera with two-way audio and video recording incorporated. It allows the user to listen to what is happening in the home and interact with whoever is there. For corporate customers, it comes with a video camera with 24-hour video recording.
- The mobile app Movistar Prosegur Alarmas, exclusive to this security system, which allows customers total control over the service such as switching the alarm on and off, view images, video recording when the alarm goes off or change passwords, among others.
- The additional battery system (UPS) allows the alarm to continue working for three hours in case of power outage.
- Acuda Service (free for 6 months): a Prosegur security guard will go to the home or business with the keys when the alarm goes off or the customer loses the keys.
Other key features of the service are:
- Anti-inhibition: Double communication channel, by mobile connection and, in case of use of inhibitors, by internet connection, which reinforces security.
- Anti-intrusion: alarm connected to the Alarm Reception Centre and the police. Verification by camera in case the alarm goes off (which allows to avoid false alarms).
- Anti-sabotage: control panel that detects any manipulation of the elements and has a double electrical backup system.