What can you do?
Save paper by using electronic invoicing
Save energy with your devices and reduce emissions
- When purchasing a device, compare the energy consumption of the device/battery life to choose the most efficient one.
- Use the energy saving modes on your device when you do not need full performance.
- Unplug the power charger when not in use.
- Take full advantage of your device to make arrangements and shop online, thus avoiding unnecessary travel, to look after your health, use the best routes,...
- Use applications that allow you to calculate the emissions you generate in your daily life and try to optimize activities that are critical.
Take advantage of the circular economy and recycle
- To choose your device, check to see if its design follows environmental criteria, if it is made of materials that are easily replaceable and recyclable, and if it is packaged responsibly.
- Extend the life of your devices: protect them with covers or cases, do not expose them to extreme temperatures, update the software and install an anti-malware app.
- Reusing devices can be an interesting option both when buying and selling them or when giving them away.
- Electronic waste is dangerous: take obsolete equipment to your telecommunications provider's nearest store, or to the authorized points in your town or city.
- Use water-saving devices on taps and in the shower, and opt for a thermostatic taps.
- Use the dishwasher instead of washing up by hand and turn off the tap while you wash your hands or brush your teeth.
- Use the Eco modes on your household appliances.
- Install an irrigation system in your garden and reuse rainwater.
- Use the dual flush buttons on toilet cisterns properly.
- Use any water left in your glass after drinking for watering the plants.
Participate in the campaigns in favour of the planet
Over the course of the year, there are moments when showing our respect and concern for the environment contributes to raising awareness worldwide. At Telefónica, we promote initiatives so that both our customers and our employees can join in with the objectives of Earth Hour or World Environment Day.