The personal data of the data subjects who are Shareholders/Investors, of their representatives and of any other data subjects who contact the Shareholders Corner of Telefónica, S.A. (“Telefónica”) through the different contact channels made available to them, are processed by this entity as data controller with ID A28015865 and domiciled at C/Ronda de la Comunicación SN, Edificio Central, planta 2ª, 28050, Madrid.
In accordance with applicable personal data protection regulations, Telefónica processes the personal data (identification and contact details) of the aforementioned data subjects for those purposes related to the management of the relationship of Shareholder/Investor and/or the management of the request made to Telefónica’s Shareholders Corner. In this regard, Telefónica:
- Based on the performance of the relationship between the Shareholder/Investor and Telefónica and the compliance with the legal obligations inherent to a capital company, it processes the personal data to manage the development, fulfilment and control of the relationship established, including the exercise of the rights of the Shareholder/Investor, the management and holding of the General Shareholders’ Meeting of Telefónica or the communication of personal data to those third public or private entities to which Telefónica is required.
- Based on the performance of the contract or performance of the relationship, Telefonica will process your personal data in order to manage your participation in raffles, visits to Distrito Telefónica and attendance at events.
- Based on the consent given when it has been requested by the data subject through the web form available to this effect or when the data subject has authorised it after contacting the Telefónica’s Shareholders Corner through all other available channels, it processes the personal data to send the data subject periodic newsletters, information related to its investment, financial information alerts, relevant events, dividends, corporate presentations, shareholders’ meetings and other relevant news of Telefónica and/or related to it, its Group of companies or its sector of activity that could affect the investment in Telefónica; as well as to send electronically exclusive offers and promotions of own or third parties for shareholders/investors and the “Acción Telefónica” magazine in digital format, a magazine whose subject matter is related to the activity of Telefónica or its Group and which may contain non-personalised third-party advertising.
- Based on the legitimate interest of Telefónica in satisfying its need to have a sufficiently complete database of its Shareholders/Investors that enables Telefónica to act diligently and loyally with its Shareholders/Investors, it processes the personal data with the purpose of enriching it with certain contact information available through publicly accessible sources.
- Based on the legitimate interest when it has been requested by the data subject through the web form available, Telefonica will process your personal data in order to manage your participation in quizzes, visits to Distrito Telefónica and attendance at events.
- Based on the legitimate interest of Telefónica as capital company, it processed the personal data to send the data subject the “Acción Telefónica” magazine in paper format.
- Based on the legitimate interest of Telefónica as data controller, it processes the personal data in order to proceed to anonymise it, so that the personal data cannot be related to the respective data subject and for the purpose of developing aggregate statistics or studies.
The aforementioned personal data has been obtained directly from the Shareholder/Investor when the relationship with Telefónica had been established or at any time when Shareholder/Investor has contacted the Telefónica’s Shareholders Corner through the different available channels. Likewise, Telefónica may have obtained the personal data from publicly accessible sources (e.g. public telephone directories and other directories that can be consulted by anyone without prior authorization or disproportionate effort), third public or private entities (such as, for example, the Spanish Central Securities Depository – Iberclear or the financial entities depositories of Telefónica’s securities) that process it for purposes related to Telefónica’s investment or the securities market where Telefónica is listed and which are subject to the legal obligation to communicate such personal data to Telefónica or satisfy Telefónica’s legitimate interest in knowing and being the recipient to carry out the aforementioned purposes.
Such personal data will be kept by Telefónica as long as the relationship established between the Shareholder/Investor and Telefónica continues to exist, as long as the necessary for the development of the aforementioned purposes or until data subject’s opposition is exercised to those purposes based on the legitimate interest of Telefónica. However, Telefónica may need to retain such data for a longer period, duly blocked in order to prevent the processing and in order to be able to face the responsibilities deriving from the processing during the statute of limitations period for the actions that may derive therefrom, as well as, where appropriate, for the exercise or defence of claims.
The data subjects, proving their identity, may exercise their rights of access, withdraw the consent, rectification, opposition, erasure, portability, restriction of processing, and any other rights that may be applicable in accordance with the applicable personal data protection regulations by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Telefónica’s Shareholders Corner at the above address. Additionally, the data subjects may submit any claim, query or request related to the processing their personal data to the Data Protection Officer of Telefónica by sending an e-mail to DPO_telefonicasa@telefonica.com and, if they consider that their rights are not satisfied, they can file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
The data subject shall be solely responsible for providing false, inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date personal data through the contact channels made available to them by the Telefónica’s Shareholders Corner. Telefónica reserves the right to update these terms in order to adapt them to modifications it makes to the processing purposes or to include new ones, in which case it will inform the data subjects through the different contact channels provided or, if necessary because the new terms are not compatible with those previously informed, proceed to obtain the appropriate consent from the data subject.