Telefónica empowers Spanish SME’s with Microsoft's cloud services
- The agreement between the two companies facilitates the digitalisation of businesses by simplifying and securing the consumption of the public cloud, and establishing an advisory and migration service to the cloud environment in Spain.
Madrid, 28th July 2020.- As part of its strategy to help SMEs go digital, Telefónica Empresas and acens, the group company specialising in cloud services, have launched a new suite of services that will simplify the use of the public cloud by SMEs who want to work in a cloud environment but do not have their own technical team to help them do so.
Six months after Microsoft and Telefónica signed a strategic agreement to open a data center region in Spain to help accelerate the country's digital competitiveness, the two multinationals have defined the first joint services that they will implement to help remove the entry barriers that Spanish SMEs face when they begin to digitise.
These new services, available through TuNegocioEnLaNubeTelefonica.com, will be supported by professionals specialising in cloud services who will advise companies in their journey to the cloud:
- Servers Azure by acens: will allow SMEs to directly manage their servers, but without having to manage the cloud environment. In this way, each company will be able to choose the most appropriate server according to the computing resources they need and the price that best suits. In addition, they will be able to scale it autonomously, as their business grows, through the expansion of their server farm, or by being supported by the acens' technical team, through the managed services model.
- Projects Azure by acens: a service designed for those SMEs that already work in a cloud environment but want to migrate to a cloud with enhanced features or for those who are not yet fully benefitting from a cloud environment . In both cases, acens offers end-to-end services to advise them during the process, help them in the migration and manage the cloud environment to set-up Multi-Site environments, VDI virtual desktops or Microsoft IaaS + PaaS environments.
The benefits of these two new services include:
- Orienting the work environment towards mobility and remote working
- Simplification of infrastructure and licenses
- Enabling the complete replication of production environments and critical business applications (such as AI or Big Data) in a simple, accessible and secure way.
With this robust proposition, Telefónica continues along the path defined by its Telefónica Tech division of making all the cloud services in the market available to SMEs including Microsoft Azure. This is being achieved through the signing of agreements with the world leading providers of these technologies, and also facilitating their implementation and use thanks to new capabilities and functionalities that provide support to SMEs in a centralised manner and in their native language.