Our customers identify Telefónica through our commercial brands, of which Movistar, O2 and Vivo are the most well-known. These brands represent our mobile, landline, Internet and television telecommunication services to 347 million customers from several countries.
- Movistar is present in Spain , Argentina , Chile , Uruguay , Peru , Ecuador , Venezuela ,Colombia , Mexico , Guatemala , Panamá , El Salvador , Costa Rica and Nicaragua .
- O2 operates in the United Kingdom , and Germany .
- Vivo is our brand in Brazil .
Telefónica is our institutional brand, representing us globally to employees, shareholders, institutions and suppliers. It also has several roles:
- Channelling our philanthropic activity through the various Fundación Telefónica programmes and other Responsible Business commitments.
- Commercially, Telefónica also responds to the needs of large corporate clients, especially those needing to coordinate services in different markets.
We also have several "specialist" brands focusing on specific businesses:
- Wayra is our worldwide start-up accelerator, which in just a few years has become one of the largest networks of innovation on a global scale.
- Media Networks is a B2B company of Telefónica’s Latam Video Unit which provides wholesale Pay-TV and Satellite Internet services, content generation and ad sales to companies and operators in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Paraguay, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela, Central America and Peru.
- Telefónica has other mobile operator brands in several countries, including Tuenti (Spain , Peru , Ecuador , y Argentina ), giffgaff (UK), fonic (Germany).
- Terra offers internet content and services in Spanish and Portuguese-speaking markets.
- We also have companies that offer specialised services, such as dynamic marketing (On the Spot ) and security (ElevenPaths ).
- Finally, there are companies that offer services to Telefónica employees and society as a whole such as Fonditel , Antares , Pléyade and tgestiona .
Each of these brands have great value, due to the number of customers who trust them and their reputation in the marketplace. Our strategy is to try to build the bonds between each of them and Telefónica as an institutional brand in order to create a brand family.