Data protection policy
TELEFÓNICA, S.A., owner of the portal [www.telefonica.com], (hereinafter the "portal"), informs its users that TELEFÓNICA, S.A., acts as the Controller for the processing of personal data collected through this portal, unless another information is provided.
TELEFÓNICA S.A. respects all current legislation regarding the protection of personal data, the privacy of users, and the confidentiality and security of personal data, in accordance with what is established in legislation regarding the protection of data, in particular, Regulation 2016/679 of the European Union and the Council of 27 April 2016, adopting all the technical and organisational measures necessary to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access, and theft of the personal data provided, taking into account the technological state, the nature of the personal data, and the risks to which it is exposed.
Users of the portal are specifically informed that their personal data can only be collected for its processing when it is appropriate, pertinent, and non-excessive with regard to the scope and the specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes for which it was collected.
When personal data is collected through the portal, the user will be informed in advance, in a clear and unequivocal way, in the following cases:
- the fact that personal data is processed;
- the identity and the contact details of the controller;
- the contact details of the Data Protection Officer;
- the purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended as well as the legal basis for the processing;
- the recipients or the categories of recipients of the data, if any;
- if applicable, the fact that the controller intends to transfer personal data to a third country;
- the period or the criteria for the retention of the information;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject, the right to data portability, or to object to processing. Likewise, the way in which the mentioned rights may be exercised;
- where the processing is based on the consent of the data subject, the existence of the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on prior consent; and, if the processing is not based on consent, their right to object to the said processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- the existence, if any, of automated decision-making, including profiling, and the exercising of rights associated with this processing.
In particular, where personal data of children is collected, the necessary guarantees will be required to verify that consent was given by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
The user will be solely responsible for filling in any forms with false, inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information.