Telef贸nica Research and Development (TID) is the main innovation catalyst inside the Group. It conducts applied investigation activities, conceptualizes new uses for communication and develops innovative products and services for the different businesses in the Group.
It is the first private business R&D center in Spain in terms of activity and resources and Telef贸nica is the first company in the Continent in terms of level of participation in European research projects in the ICT sector.
The R&D activities carried out recently have focused on:
- future communications between individuals in a natural manner, leveraging the possibilities enabled by the Internet, Web2.0 technologies and smartphones
- video and multimedia services (combination of text, audio, imaging and video) with a user experience in all connected devices
- advanced solutions in emerging ICT businesses, such as remote-health, surveillance and support platforms, and remote support for and monitoring of patients
- machine to machine (M2M) service management, related with energy efficiency and people鈥檚 mobility concepts
- cloud computing, which make intensive use of the resources available on the web to publish, market, and distribute applications
- analysis of user profiles, based on their use of communications, providing opportunities for services and business models (marketing campaigns, targeted advertising and personalized contextual services, turnover reduction, cross-sales, etc.)
- and evolution of the network and services into a new global infrastructure, shared by all business lines, to cut operating and maintenance costs, offering increased capabilities, contents, and the evolution of the Internet of people towards the Internet of things (intelligent spaces in homes, cars, cities, etc.)
View Innovation in Web Telef贸nica R&D
- Follow us in