Our customers identify Telefónica through our commercial brands, of which Movistar, O2 and Vivo are the most well-known. These brands represent our mobile, landline, Internet and television telecommunication services to more than 300 million customers from several countries.
- Movistar is present in Spain , Argentina , Chile , Uruguay , Peru , Ecuador , Venezuela , Colombia , Mexico , Guatemala , Panamá , El Salvador , Costa Rica and Nicaragua .
- O2 operates in the United Kingdom , and Germany .
- Vivo is our brand in Brazil .
Telefónica is our institutional brand, representing us globally to employees, shareholders, institutions and suppliers. It also has several roles:
- Channelling our philanthropic activity through the various Fundación Telefónica programmes and other Sustainability commitments.
- Commercially, Telefónica also responds to the needs of large corporate clients, especially those needing to coordinate services in different markets.
We also have several "specialist" brands focusing on specific businesses:
- Wayra is our worldwide start-up accelerator, which in just a few years has become one of the largest networks of innovation on a global scale.
- Tuenti is a social network with a strong presence in Spain, which is diversifying its services into instant messaging.
- Telefónica has other virtual mobile brands in several countries, including giffgaff (UK), fonic (Germany), tuenti móvil (Spain) and quam (Argentina).
- Terra offers internet content and services in Spanish and Portuguese-speaking markets.
- We also have companies that offer specialised services, such as dynamic marketing (On the Spot ) and security (ElevenPaths ).
- Finally, there are companies that offer services to Telefónica employees and society as a whole such as Fonditel , Antares , Pléyade and tgestiona .
Each of these brands have great value, due to the number of customers who trust them and their reputation in the marketplace. Our strategy is to try to build the bonds between each of them and Telefónica as an institutional brand in order to create a brand family.Go to Telefónica Brandroom